Sunday 31 October 2010

31st October- Hmm

Hey people,
last week was a bit traumatic for me in Gib lol XD  well the Pirate Party was cancelled. Because we only had 2 official children signed in and it would be mean on the volunteers to arrive on the day to find hardly a "party". I am waiting outside the Cathedral Tuesday to see if any kids turn up and tell them its not on. I think I'm more upset about how things were handled though in all honestly, but I dont think ranting about it on the internet and naming names would be very appropriate :P lol
So yeah goodbye Pirate Party...

Ely Boys Choir has visited our Cathedral and performed a concert for us last night! Twas fabulous, I miss the music we used to do at home/on singing courses. They performed stuff such as:
Blessed be the God and Father- Wesley

Locus iste- Bruckner
If ye love me- Tallis
Let all the world- Williams
Panis Angelicus- Franck
Totus tuus- Gorecki
etc etc etc :P was pretty lush.

About 36 trebles, 2 male altos, 2 tenors and 2 basses. The sound was amazing!

Then they performed Messe Solennelle by Louis Vierne in the church service today. (Suggestion-everyone and anyone to listen!)

Been a rough week because of various odd things. But next week should look up =] a good friend is flying over for a few days and then my parents are visiting for the weekend. I'm in need of some hugs!

Missing you all.
Over and Out x

No comments:

Post a Comment